Carlsbad, CA OPEN HOUSE List
from Oct. 2-4
Welcome to The Village by the Sea!
Enjoy a Sunny Weather all throughout the year in Carlsbad, CA.
Carlsbad, CA is where Winter is milder and 263 days of Fun under the sun!
Our Featured Home:
Listing Price: $539,800
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE:
October 3 from 1-4 p.m.
Address: 2894 Luciernaga, Carlsbad, CA
Bedrooms: 3 Full Baths: 3 Est. SqFt: 1,824
Absolutely charming remodeled unit. Open floor plan with balcony and private gated backyard with lush foliage. 3 bedroom/3 bath (3rd bedroom used as a family room). Enclosed front balcony for office. Located in an ideal location to freeway, schools and shopping. An aspiring place to live, relax and entertain.
By Shannon Biszantz on September 29, 2015
in The Buzz
The Hottest EVENT in San Diego this OCTOBER
One of the Hottest Events in San Diego for the Month of October is The 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival which is set to open this week September 30 and will run until October 4. The Film Screening venues for the 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival will be held at The Reading Cinemas in the historic Gaslamp Quarter and at The ArcLight Cinemas in La Jolla.
It is said that this year’s San Diego Film Festival 2015 will be the best one yet! This year’s Festival will include 100+ Studio and Independent Films, 5 Days of films, industry panels, red carpet events, celebrities, and parties. Yes! This is your chance to see the hottest stars, a chance to meet your favorite filmmakers and mingle with film lovers just like you.
2015 Line Up – 100+ Studio and Independent Films (features, documentaries and shorts) including:
What do we need to know about the Mission of San Diego Film Foundation?
San Diego Film Festival is not just about the celebrities and parties. It’s a joint effort to meet the Mission of the San Diego Film Foundation which is being led by Dale Strack (Chairman and CEO), Kevin Leap (President); Tonya Mantooth (Executive Vice President & Director of Programming); and Patti Judd (Vice President).
As we all know, San Diego Film Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization that Aims to Support the Art of Independent Film Making. For them, it’s more than just glitz and glamor of the Film Festival it is also about Supporting the Future of the Film Industry and boosting the Economic Growth of San Diego.
It is heart-warming to know that there is a non-profit foundation that still cares about the quality and supports the independent talented filmmakers out there. Supporting the San Diego Film Festival, you are helping the San Diego Film Foundation with their purpose in 5 ways, by:
1. PRODUCING AN ANNUAL FILM FESTIVAL.
2. DEVELOPING STIMULATING FILM-RELATED EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
3. SUPPORTING AND NURTURING STUDENT FILMMAKING PROGRAMS IN LOCAL SCHOOLS.
4. SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOCAL FILMMAKING INDUSTRY.
5. ENHANCING THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF SAN DIEGO.
Schedule of Events for The 14th Anual San Diego Film Festival:
September 30 – 7:00 pm
- Opening night at the Reading Cinemas
- After Party on the Rooftop at the Andaz Hotel 9:00 pm – Midnight
- 600 F St, San Diego, CA 92101
- Hashtags: #SDFF #SDFFOpeningNight #SDFFOpeningNightHarrahs
- Get ready for an amazing night at the 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival Opening Night Film &After Party Presented by Harrah’s Resort Southern California! Walk the Red Carpet, grab some bites and beverages, have glam shots taken at the photo booth, attend an exclusive film screening, mingle with filmmakers and dance the night away all while looking over the San Diego skyline.
October 1 – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Variety’s Night of the Stars Tribute at the Museum of Contemporary Art in
- Downtown La Jolla – 700 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Note: Chairman’s Reception & Red Carpet at 5:30pm for Patrons/VIPs
- Suggested Attire: Hollywood Red Carpet – Elegant Cocktail – Black Tie Optional
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFTribute
- The San Diego Film Festival is proud to partner with Variety, the show-business daily, for the third year in a row to pay tribute to some of Hollywood’s most accomplished actors and filmmakers. Variety’s Night of the Stars Tribute is a red carpet event co-hosted by notable film critics Jeffrey Lyons and Ben Lyons. Festival film lovers attending this glamorous event get up close and personal with celebrities, filmmakers and industry insiders as San Diego shows its appreciation for the extraordinary contributions of these individuals both on screen and off. Past honorees have included Beau Bridges, Alan Arkin, Saginaw Grant, Michelle Monaghan, Allison Pill, Judd Apatow, Gus Van Sant and many others. Tributes for these honorees have been presented by Robin Williams, Tom Berenger
October 2 – 9:00 pm
- Friday Night [Reframed] Party at Quartyard San Diego
- 1102 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- $45 – General Admission $100 – VIP Section $300 – VIP Table
- Hashtags #SDFF, #SDFFReframed, #SDFFSocialChange
- San Diego Film Festival and Reframed Pictures (a Susan Sarandon/Thomas Morgan project) have partnered to create a party with purpose to benefit the educational initiatives of the San Diego Film Festival Foundation. And just as films can reframe the way people see an issue, this Friday Night [Reframed] Party will change the way San Diego parties. Three of the most unique ping pong personalities on the planet will be crashing the San Diego Film Festival at the Quartyard in San Diego’s East Village. Kazayuki Yokoyama and “Da Infamous” Wally Green will take center court during an interactive show, hosted by Ryan Willard. The night will feature a celebrity grudge match, an exhibition with Wally and Kaz, chances for everyone to play and win prizes and…it might end with a dance contest.
Saturday, October 3rd
- TIME: 9:00PM-12:00AM
- Hard Rock Hotel – Woodstock Terrace
- 207 5th Ave San Diego, CA 92101
- ATTIRE: Cocktail/Dressy
- $25 – General Admission
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFFilmmakerAwards, #SDFFFilmmaker
- Join us as we present the Jury Awards for the competition films at the Filmmaker Awards Party! Interact with film lovers and filmmakers at the Hard Rock Hotel Woodstock Terrace and enjoy the awards ceremony, music, and custom cocktails at the no-host bar. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to interact with the creators of your favorite festival films!
TWO FILMS. TWO TASTINGS.
Sunday, October 4th
- ArcLight Cinemas / Westfield Mall 4425 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122
- Dressy Casual
- $45 (Includes screening of two films plus food and wine tastings after each film)
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFCulinaryCinema#CulinaryCinema
- The San Diego Film Festival’s Culinary Cinema is a recipe for Sunday afternoon fun! The ingredients include two cuisine themed movies and after each movie San Diego Chefs will recreate food and wine tastings celebrating the film. For best results, add a large dose of good friends.
Note: Culinary Cinema Sunday is NOT included in VIP Pass, Festival Pass or Ticket Bundles.
- DISCOUNTS: *Show ID when you pick up passes*
Senior discount 20%
Student discount 20%
Military discount 20%
Local discount 20%
By Shannon Biszantz on September 23, 2015
in Rancho Santa Fe
Homes Under $2 M in The Covenant of Rancho Santa Fe
The Covenant Rancho Santa Fe Homes Under $2 M.
Rancho Santa Fe’s The Covenant, Listed Homes Under $2 M.
Rancho Santa Fe is known as “The Ranch″ by the locals, the home of The Rancho Santa Fe Golf Course which was designed by Max Behr and original site for “clambakes” hosted by Bing Crosby back in the,1930’s.
It is known that Rancho Santa Fe is one of the communities with strict restrictions in terms of the architectural design of a house. This a great effort of the community to preserve and maintain the character of their community and its rare landscape features.
According to www.cnbc.com, Rancho Santa Fe is number 14th on their list of Top 20 Most Expensive Zip codes for 2015. The official Census Designated Place (CDP) is the Master Planned Community or also known as “The Covenant” of Rancho Santa Fe.
CLICK HERE, to Read more!
Homes Under $2 M in The Covenant of Rancho Santa Fe, Listed Homes Under $2 M., Listings under $2M in The Covenant of Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Santa Fe's The Covenant, The Covenant Rancho Santa Fe Homes Under $2 M.
BY: MATTHEW GRAHAM
Mortgage rates continued their recent trend of almost imperceptible movement today. This time, things improved ever-so-slightly with most lenders lowering the upfront costs associated with prevailing rates. In other words, the underlying market movement continues to be small enough that rates, themselves, are rarely changing from one day to the next. Instead, it’s the upfront borrowing costs (or lender credit, depending on the scenario) that are acting as the fine tuning adjustments.
In terms of coarse adjustments, most lenders are quoting conventional 30yr fixed rates of 4.0% on top tier scenarios, though 3.875% is still fairly prevalent.
All of this narrow range business could change abruptly in the next two weeks, and certainly as early as tomorrow morning. The Employment Situation Report (or “jobs report”) is the most important piece of economic data on any given month, and this iteration is doubly important because it will either help or hinder the Fed’s rate hike efforts. As recently as last week, a top fed official specifically referenced this week of data and the next as playing key roles in determining the Fed’s course of action.
Tomorrow’s jobs data is undoubtedly the biggest piece of data during that time. Therefore, if it makes a strong comment for or against hiking rates, financial markets may respond in a big way. That means much bigger potential changes for mortgage rates first thing tomorrow morning.
Loan Originator Perspective
“Bonds stayed within a narrow range again today, and rates were essentially on par with Wednesday’s. Looks like it’ll take either an unexpectedly strong/weak NFP report tomorrow, or more Fed guidance from their next statement to move rates up/down. There’s certainly nothing wrong with current rates, and floating into NFP is inherently risky. Locking removes your risk, and I am recommending that for my clients within 30 days of closing. Whenever the next rate move hits, it may be both large and fast. The question is when that happens, and my crystal ball is broken today.” –Ted Rood, Senior Originator
Today’s Best-Execution Rates
- 30YR FIXED – 4.0
- FHA/VA – 3.75%
- 15 YEAR FIXED – 3.25%
- 5 YEAR ARMS – 2.75 – 3.25% depending on the lender
Del Mar Fairgrounds, Calendar of Events for September 2015
September 2015, Del Mar Fairgrounds Events Calendar
Events line up for September 2015 in Del Mar Fairgrounds
It’s that time of the year where we enter the “BER” months. That means Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner! If you will ask me, my favorite time of the year is Halloween. I like seeing kids dressing up in cute costumes and an excuse for adults to dress up whoever they want! Plus, I get to put scary designs in my house.
Since I’ve been shamelessly confessing my love for the “Ber” months, I decided to compile all the events for September 2015 and for the following months as well. I’m putting this up with the hope of helping you guys make some changes or adjustments in your busy schedules, and to make room for that quality time for your family and friends.
I hope you find this article useful and join me mark our calendars together for Del Mar Fairgrounds Events for September 2015. You can also refer to the schedule of events for 2015 Del Mar Horse Race.