The Hottest EVENT in San Diego this OCTOBER
One of the Hottest Events in San Diego for the Month of October is The 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival which is set to open this week September 30 and will run until October 4. The Film Screening venues for the 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival will be held at The Reading Cinemas in the historic Gaslamp Quarter and at The ArcLight Cinemas in La Jolla.
It is said that this year’s San Diego Film Festival 2015 will be the best one yet! This year’s Festival will include 100+ Studio and Independent Films, 5 Days of films, industry panels, red carpet events, celebrities, and parties. Yes! This is your chance to see the hottest stars, a chance to meet your favorite filmmakers and mingle with film lovers just like you.
2015 Line Up – 100+ Studio and Independent Films (features, documentaries and shorts) including:
What do we need to know about the Mission of San Diego Film Foundation?
San Diego Film Festival is not just about the celebrities and parties. It’s a joint effort to meet the Mission of the San Diego Film Foundation which is being led by Dale Strack (Chairman and CEO), Kevin Leap (President); Tonya Mantooth (Executive Vice President & Director of Programming); and Patti Judd (Vice President).
As we all know, San Diego Film Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization that Aims to Support the Art of Independent Film Making. For them, it’s more than just glitz and glamor of the Film Festival it is also about Supporting the Future of the Film Industry and boosting the Economic Growth of San Diego.
It is heart-warming to know that there is a non-profit foundation that still cares about the quality and supports the independent talented filmmakers out there. Supporting the San Diego Film Festival, you are helping the San Diego Film Foundation with their purpose in 5 ways, by:
1. PRODUCING AN ANNUAL FILM FESTIVAL.
2. DEVELOPING STIMULATING FILM-RELATED EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
3. SUPPORTING AND NURTURING STUDENT FILMMAKING PROGRAMS IN LOCAL SCHOOLS.
4. SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOCAL FILMMAKING INDUSTRY.
5. ENHANCING THE ECONOMIC GROWTH OF SAN DIEGO.
Schedule of Events for The 14th Anual San Diego Film Festival:
September 30 – 7:00 pm
- Opening night at the Reading Cinemas
- After Party on the Rooftop at the Andaz Hotel 9:00 pm – Midnight
- 600 F St, San Diego, CA 92101
- Hashtags: #SDFF #SDFFOpeningNight #SDFFOpeningNightHarrahs
- Get ready for an amazing night at the 14th Annual San Diego Film Festival Opening Night Film &After Party Presented by Harrah’s Resort Southern California! Walk the Red Carpet, grab some bites and beverages, have glam shots taken at the photo booth, attend an exclusive film screening, mingle with filmmakers and dance the night away all while looking over the San Diego skyline.
October 1 – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Variety’s Night of the Stars Tribute at the Museum of Contemporary Art in
- Downtown La Jolla – 700 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Note: Chairman’s Reception & Red Carpet at 5:30pm for Patrons/VIPs
- Suggested Attire: Hollywood Red Carpet – Elegant Cocktail – Black Tie Optional
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFTribute
- The San Diego Film Festival is proud to partner with Variety, the show-business daily, for the third year in a row to pay tribute to some of Hollywood’s most accomplished actors and filmmakers. Variety’s Night of the Stars Tribute is a red carpet event co-hosted by notable film critics Jeffrey Lyons and Ben Lyons. Festival film lovers attending this glamorous event get up close and personal with celebrities, filmmakers and industry insiders as San Diego shows its appreciation for the extraordinary contributions of these individuals both on screen and off. Past honorees have included Beau Bridges, Alan Arkin, Saginaw Grant, Michelle Monaghan, Allison Pill, Judd Apatow, Gus Van Sant and many others. Tributes for these honorees have been presented by Robin Williams, Tom Berenger
October 2 – 9:00 pm
- Friday Night [Reframed] Party at Quartyard San Diego
- 1102 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- $45 – General Admission $100 – VIP Section $300 – VIP Table
- Hashtags #SDFF, #SDFFReframed, #SDFFSocialChange
- San Diego Film Festival and Reframed Pictures (a Susan Sarandon/Thomas Morgan project) have partnered to create a party with purpose to benefit the educational initiatives of the San Diego Film Festival Foundation. And just as films can reframe the way people see an issue, this Friday Night [Reframed] Party will change the way San Diego parties. Three of the most unique ping pong personalities on the planet will be crashing the San Diego Film Festival at the Quartyard in San Diego’s East Village. Kazayuki Yokoyama and “Da Infamous” Wally Green will take center court during an interactive show, hosted by Ryan Willard. The night will feature a celebrity grudge match, an exhibition with Wally and Kaz, chances for everyone to play and win prizes and…it might end with a dance contest.
Saturday, October 3rd
- TIME: 9:00PM-12:00AM
- Hard Rock Hotel – Woodstock Terrace
- 207 5th Ave San Diego, CA 92101
- ATTIRE: Cocktail/Dressy
- $25 – General Admission
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFFilmmakerAwards, #SDFFFilmmaker
- Join us as we present the Jury Awards for the competition films at the Filmmaker Awards Party! Interact with film lovers and filmmakers at the Hard Rock Hotel Woodstock Terrace and enjoy the awards ceremony, music, and custom cocktails at the no-host bar. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to interact with the creators of your favorite festival films!
TWO FILMS. TWO TASTINGS.
Sunday, October 4th
- ArcLight Cinemas / Westfield Mall 4425 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122
- Dressy Casual
- $45 (Includes screening of two films plus food and wine tastings after each film)
- Hashtags: #SDFF, #SDFFCulinaryCinema#CulinaryCinema
- The San Diego Film Festival’s Culinary Cinema is a recipe for Sunday afternoon fun! The ingredients include two cuisine themed movies and after each movie San Diego Chefs will recreate food and wine tastings celebrating the film. For best results, add a large dose of good friends.
Note: Culinary Cinema Sunday is NOT included in VIP Pass, Festival Pass or Ticket Bundles.
- DISCOUNTS: *Show ID when you pick up passes*
Senior discount 20%
Student discount 20%
Military discount 20%
Local discount 20%